This past Wednesday, I celebrated 35 years of being alive. It was an absolutely wonderful day full of well wishes from my friends and family. I really don't have anything to complain about when I think about getting older. With each year, I learn more about myself and the person God wants me to be.
Last year on my 34th birthday, I listed 34 things I wanted to accomplish before my next birthday. As I look over the list, I am amazed at how much my priorities have changed in just a year.
Here's the list from last year with updates:
1) Lose 55 pounds
Not even close, but I'm not giving up hope
2) Intentionally spend time with Brenn every week
Brenn and I are in a really good place. I never imagined that as a 15 year old boy, he would be so open with me. I know he doesn't tell me everything, but I know he shares quite a bit especially when something is bothering him. I have made it a point to be intentional with making him a priority.
3) Post on this blog at least twice a week
I haven't been consistent with this, but I have posted more lately.
4) Write an Examiner article at least twice a week
This isn't even a priority anymore. I have given up my Examiner days.
5) Start my relationship blog (I have A LOT to say in this area)
I decided not to do this and instead just include relationship posts in this blog. It's too hard to keep up with this blog let alone another one.
6) Start writing a book
Nope, but this is still in my plans
7) Run in at least two half marathons
I ran a half in April and will be running another next month.
8) Take at least two trips to see my family in South Carolina
I spent a weekend with my mom and sister in Gatlinburg last November and then spent time with my family during Christmas. I also got to see them in July. Having a dependable vehicle makes all the difference!
9) Take a trip to New York to see my family
10) Work at growing my wreath business
This is still on my list, but hasn't been a priority lately.
11) Go to at least one concert
I don't think I got to do this...
12) Declutter my home
My home is completely decluttered, but it is in a much better place. It's a work in progress.
13) Make a plan to get out of debt
I am very slowly working on this...
14) Start HOPE Ministry
Wow, I don't even know where to start on this one. Hope started in January and has grown by leaps and bounds. It's so awesome to see a dream come to life!
15) Be more involved with the Southern Convoy of Hope/One Day Ministry leadership team
I was still involved, but not really any more than I was the last year. More because Hope Outreach is taking up a lot of my time.
16) Be a part of the Henna Tattoo Ministry at Bonnaroo again
I did one even better this past year. I was able to volunteer with Strings for Hope inside Bonnaroo. It was an AWESOME experience.
17) Work at the Nashville Rescue Mission at least once a month
Yes! This is still one of my favorite things to do!
18) Audition for a play
Nope, and I probably won't ever. I'm not a stage girl. :)
19) Go hiking at least four times
I did do quite a bit of hiking at the end of last year and beginning of this year. Not much recently though...and I miss it.
20) Spend quality time with a friend at least once a month
I have been able to spend time with friends more often. I love my Bible study girls group! And, a good friend and I reunited after months of not talking.
21) Read at least 10 books all the way through
I'm embarrassed to say I don't think I read 10 books all the way through. Another goal to include for this year.
22) Redesign this blog
Nope and I'm not in a big hurry to do it. I'm okay with how it looks right now.
23) Start training for a full marathon
I've decided that I just don't have the time to train for a full marathon right now. I'm going to stick to two half marathons and maybe down the road I'll do a full.
24) Go to at least one conference/meet-up
I got to do this! I was able to go to a missions conference a couple of months ago. It was wonderful!
25) Take a trip to somewhere I've never been
I did get to hike a trail in the Smokey Mountains that I've never been on. I guess that counts.
26) Start teaching Brenn how to drive (WHAT?!)
This child...I really thought as independent as he is that when he turned 15 in April he would immediately want to go get his permit. Nope. He still hasn't picked up the study booklet. He told me he really wasn't in a hurry.
27) Get a new washer and dryer
There's a long story to this one. The moral of the story is that I'm still looking for a washer and dryer.
28) Do some type of exercise every day
This is really been a challenge. Brenn's football schedule in addition to everything else he's involved in plus everything I'm involved in means there's very little down time. I am doing my best to made exercise a priority. I try for at least 4 times a week.
29) Get the windshield fixed on my car
Instead of getting the windshield fixed, I just got a new car. :)
30) Work at waking up at 5:30 every weekday morning
Nope. I've come to the conclusion that I'm just not a early morning person. I do much better working later in the evening.
31) Work at being in bed by 9:30 every weekday evening
See above :)
32) Log my food every possible day
I really need to work on this one.
33) Pray more
I do pray more but I can always do better
34) Work at learning how to crochet
I haven't done much of this at all. I would like to, so maybe sometime this next year.
Not too shabby!
Now onto my list of 35 things:
1) Lose 55 pounds
2) Post on my blog at least twice a week
3) Start writing a book
4) Run at least two half marathons
5) Take a trip to New York to see my family
6) Work on growing my wreath business
7) Continue decluttering my home
8) Continue making a plan to get out of debt
9) Work on getting Hope Outreach's non profit status
10) Work at Bonnaroo again
11) Work at Nashville Rescue Mission once a month
12) Go hiking at least 4 times
13) Go camping at least once
14) Read at least 10 books all the way through
15) Go to at least one conference/meet-up
16) Take a trip to somewhere I've never been
17) Start teaching Brenn to drive
18) Get a new washer & dryer
19) Do some type of exercise at least four times a week
20) Log my food every day
21) Have quiet time every day
22) Journal every day
23) Start working on college stuff with Brenn...this makes me tear up
24) Do at least two craft shows
25) Continue to work on growing Hope Outreach
26) Get a new couch
27) Take Brenn on a Summer mission trip
28) Work on growing my blog
29) Make a prayer closet
30) Establish an emergency fund
31) Clean up my back patio and make it a cool place to hang out
32) Go to the beach
33) Cook one new dish at least once a month (and blog about it)
34) Broadcast on Periscope regularly
35) Spend time with Brenn every day
Cant wait to see what's happening a year from now!